• May 21, 2007: “Public Hazards Ignored by Condo Board,” testimony delivered at public hearing co-sponsored by C-IHC (Common-Interest Homeowners Coalition) and Rutgers University (Professor Fred Askin), May 21, 2007, Trenton, NJ; quoted in full in Rutgers Journal of Law & Public Policy, Spring 2008 (5:4) “Homeowner Associations: Problems and Solutions,” pp. 669-671.
• July 6, 2007 “Association Pushes Terrace Repairs -- Tenants Say Repairs Are Not Urgent” by Vincent Cavalier. Edgewater View (p. 2) (describing a court's interruption of a renovation project at Admiral's Walk Condominium, and citing Neustein’s role in opposing the project).
• July 27, 2007 “Unit Owners Conflict with the Admiral’s Walk Board of Directors” by Jee H. Jung, Associate Editor. Korea Times (p. 3) (in Korean) (concerning Neustein’s warnings of serious public health risks to Korean unit owners, especially families with young children, posed by poorly planned construction project).
• January 1, 2010 “High-rise condos add ‘green’ to lobby area” by Jennifer Kim. Fort Lee Suburbanite, from the Record of Bergen County (p. 5) (Neustein quoted describing the renovation, “It’s green to glamour... It’s really beautiful... looks like you stepped out of Fort Lee and onto Fifth Avenue...right across [from] the Met Museum but without the pollution”).
• December 28, 2011 “Upper Manhattan Has the Borough’s Worst Landlords, Report Says” by Jeff Mays. DNAinfo.com (Manhattan local news) (Neustein says her brother’s behavior as New York City’s “worst landlord” for 2011 is “immoral and contrary to the way our parents raised us . . . I’m disheartened to be in the position of being a sister speaking out against her brother, but if more sisters spoke out maybe we wouldn’t have slumlords”).
• March 14, 2012 “Take My Brother -- Please: Sister of City’s Worst Slumlord Wants Him Thrown in Jail” by Michael Ewing. New York Observer (in a March 13 column in City Limits, Neustein calls for enforcement of criminal penalties against slumlords under New York City’s Administrative Code). (To view the column, click here. The biographical note accompanying the column is found here. Neustein’s column was reprinted on March 20, 2012 in the Legislative Gazette; to view that, click here.)
• March 27, 2012 “City’s ‘Worst Landlord’ Investigated for Tax Evasion and Drug Dealing” by Jeff Mays. DNAinfo.com (Neustein cited for conveying concerns about her “slumlord” brother to authorities because “there are children in my brother’s building being subjected to horrific conditions”; currently, the landlord has been “reported to the NYPD, the Internal Revenue Service and three other state and federal agencies last month after a probe by the city’s Department of Investigation”).
• March 28, 2012 “City Investigating Worst in All New York at Behest of Crusading Sister” by Michael Ewing. New York Observer (reporting that “tenants support” key charges against Josh Neustein; “one in particular, who asked DNAinfo not to disclose his name in fear of retaliation, noted that he’s been trying to have Mr. Neustein repair his apartment for more than a decade.” The report concludes: “He’s not a slumlord, but rather the slumlord”).
• April 5, 2012 “City’s ‘worst’ landlord calls leafy R’dale his home” by Graham Kates. The Riverdale Press, pp. 1, 2 (one of Josh Neustein’s tenants confirms that the landlord “took weeks” to fix a “big hole” leaking into the bathroom; in addition, HPD has launched “its most major legal salvo to date against Mr. Neustein . . . demanding that Mr. Neustein fix every infraction listed for his building at 720 W. 180 St.”).
• April 25, 2007 Controversy over condominium building in Edgewater, NJ. NewYork1 News, NJ segment (Neustein comments on the needs of the elderly at the Admiral’s Walk condominium).
• April 27, 2007 Update on controversy over condominium building in Edgewater, NJ. NewYork1 News, NJ segment (again showing Neustein’s efforts on behalf of the elderly at the Admiral’s Walk condominium).
• June 29, 2007 Further followup on controversy over condominium building in Edgewater, NJ. NewYork1 News, NJ segment (discussing a lawsuit filed on behalf of unit owners of Admiral’s Walk condominium to protect the elderly and others).
• January 3, 2012 Channel 11 WPIX News at 5 and 10 pm (New York), reported by Debra Alfarone, on Neustein’s brother, Josh Neustein, as one of New York’s worst landlords (a distressed Neustein says, “my parents didn’t raise us to be this way”).
• January 4, 2012 Channel 11 WPIX News at 5 and 10 pm (New York), reported by Debra Alfarone, continuing the previous special report (Neustein says, “I’m deeply embarrassed and ashamed of my brother’s treatment of his tenants”).
Amy Neustein •
Childless Mother •
Women in Science UN Campaign
Woman of Valor • Curriculum Vitae • Awards • Publications • Presentations
From Madness to Mutiny • Reviews • Libraries
Tempest in the Temple • Tenant Activism • Sisters of B’khors
Media • In the News • Print Media • Broadcast Media • Contact